Having a baby is a life-changing event for a family, and all of us at The Birthing Center at Halifax Regional are here to help you with your pregnancy, questions and recovery after childbirth.
Why Choose The Birthing Center?
The Birthing Center offers families access to skilled physicians, experienced registered nurses and a welcoming and well-equipped facility.
- Enjoy the only labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms in the area. Our Birthing Center was designed with the practical needs of new moms in mind, so you can bring your baby into the world in a friendly, home-like environment.
- You never have to change rooms. For most births, you stay in one of our comfortable rooms from the time you’re admitted until you are discharged home.
- The rooms are spacious and comfortable. You’ll feel at right at home. You can even enjoy our “At Your Request” meal service that’s like ordering from a restaurant menu.
- You’ll enjoy 24-hour “rooming in.” Get to know your newborn while receiving helpful advice from our compassionate staff.
- You’re cared for by one team of nurses. You and your baby will be cared for by the same nurses, because our delivery nurses are also our newborn nurses.
We offer childbirth classes throughout the year to help you prepare for labor, delivery and recovery. Access our class schedule to find an option that works for you.
The Birthing Center is proud to have earned the North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation. We offer mothers the convenience and support of an on-staff lactation consultant, and most of our nurses are certified breastfeeding educators. We also provide a Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group. That means you will have the tools you need to be successful with breastfeeding.
Safe Sleep Training
The North Carolina Healthy Start Foundation has developed a new teaching tool for infant safe sleep. It provides checklists, videos and other helpful information for parents about the safest ways to put babies to sleep.
Contact The Birthing Center
For information about breastfeeding and childbirth:
Lori Moseley, RN, CCE–Childbirth Educator
Request a Tour
Call (252) 535-8670
“If I needed anything, they were right there.”
—Jessica Bowser, Roanoke Rapids