For most people, cuts and scratches heal within days or weeks. But for those whose natural healing process is hampered, a simple sore can become a complex medical problem requiring specialized care.
In the United States, approximately 8 million people suffer from chronic, non-healing wounds—a serious disorder that can dramatically affect your quality of life.
The Wound Care Center is an outpatient program. Our experienced staff works closely with a patient’s physician to offer advanced technologies and proven clinical methods to treat chronic, non-healing wounds. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive approach to chronic wounds by factoring in nutrition, blood flow and arterial flow.
At Halifax Regional, we are proud of our 95 percent healing rate. Most patients see results of healing within 25 days of beginning treatment.
Wound Care Center services include:
- An individualized plan of care that provides you with the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific wound care needs
- Proven clinical protocols
- A highly-skilled team of wound care specialists who provide ongoing care and assessment, and a case manager who oversees every aspect of your treatment
- Education so healing can happen at home
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with your doctor regarding your progress
Wound Care Center Staff
Peter Muller, MD, FACS, Medical Director
- Graduate of University of Pennsylvania
- Completed his residency at Letterman Army Medical Center in San Francisco
- Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons, International Society for Diseases of Esophagus, Board member Tar River Mission Clinic
- Over 25 years of experience specializing in vascular procedures and minimally invasive procedures of the upper digestive system
244 Smith Church Road
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Phone: (252) 535-2350
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday