Halifax Regional Medical Center is happy to welcome visitors. We know visitors can play an important role in the recovery process, which is why we allow for the presence of family members, friends or other individuals of the patients’ choice for emotional support during their course of stay.
However, rest has an important role in recovery as well. We ask that all visitors observe a few guidelines to benefit the well-being and safety of all patients and hospital staff:
- Use main entrance of Medical Center when arriving for visits
- No more than two visitors at a time in a patient’s room
- Visitors will be asked to wait outside the room during an examination or treatment
- Children must be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult
- Do not visit patients if you are sick
- Check with nurse before giving food or beverages to a patient
- Smoking is prohibited
- Visitors must wear a shirt and shoes
- No weapons can be brought into the Medical Center
- Unruly and noisy visitors will be asked to leave
- Family members that wish to stay overnight must follow the guidelines below:
- Intensive Care: No visitors from 6 am–9 am and 6 pm–9 pm, limit of two visitors at a time
- Medical-Surgical Units: One family member or friend, age 18 or older
- A parent/guardian must remain with our pediatric patients at all times
Notice of Privacy Practice
Download our full privacy disclosure statement.
Medical Surgical Unit: Monday through Sunday, 11:00 am–9:00 pm
*Hours can be restricted by the staff, physician or patient
Intensive Care Unit: No visitors from 6 am–9 am and 6 pm–9 pm
Woodside Psychiatric Unit: 6:00 pm–8:00 pm (additional hours: 1 pm–3 pm on Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
Two parking lots are available for visitors. The largest is located in front of the Medical Center, just outside the main entrance. A second lot is located outside of the Emergency Department and Outpatient Registration.
Both lots are under video surveillance at all times and patrolled by the Halifax Regional Security department for your safety.
Visitors are invited to enjoy our full-service cafeteria offering homestyle cooking, made-to-order meals and “Grab and Go” items (salad bar, fresh fruit, drinks and desserts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Creekside Café is located on the ground floor and is easily accessible by using the elevator in the main lobby.
Monday through Friday, 6:30 am–9:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 am–9:30 pm
The Pines Gift Shop
Located in the main lobby of the Medical Center, the gift shop carries a wide array of items such as candy, balloons, greeting cards, live plants, personal care products, baby gifts, toys and decorative items. All profits made in the gift shop are donated to the hospital to purchase patient care equipment.
The gift shop is managed and staffed by volunteers so the hours of operation may vary. For more information call (252) 535-8124.
Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am–4:30 pm
Friday, 9:30 am–4:30 pm & 5:30 pm–9:00 pm
Saturday, hours will vary